Do you want to experiment with vaping cannabis? Then a dry herb vaporizer is an ideal solution. Difficult to distinguish from concentrate vapes, dry herb vaporizers are meant to be used only with herbs, enabling you to get all of the advantages of smoking cannabis without inhaling the smoke.
What is a dry herb vaporizer?
Vaporizers function by heating and evaporating the cannabinoids and terpenes in cannabis, rather than by combusting the plant itself. A dry herb vaporizer is one that is meant to evaporate just unprocessed flowers and other plant stuff, as the name implies. On the other hand, “normal” vaporizers are often intended to evaporate concentrates such as bud, shatter, crumble, or CO2 extracts, rather than dry herbs (found in vape pens).
How do dry herb vaporizers work?
Vaporizers convert cannabis and terpenes into vapor by heating them via conduction and/or convection heating.
Conduction vaporizers employ heating components to deliver heat from the heating element to the cannabis via direct contact with the herb. Consider the process of cooking an egg in a frying pan: the heat from your stove warms the pan, which then cooks the egg via direct contact with the pan’s surface.
On the other hand, convection vaporizers function more like convection ovens in that they circulate hot air around your herb. As a result, they gently and evenly heat your cannabis, enabling the chemicals contained therein to evaporate without combustible combustion.
Understanding the different parts of your dry herb vape
Battery: The majority of portable vaporizers need a battery to function properly. Due to the fact that lithium-ion batteries are rechargeable and have a higher energy density than Ni-Cd or NiMH battery cells, as well as a variety of other advantages, lithium-ion batteries are used in many current electronic cigarettes. Depending on the model, vape batteries may be either fixed or detachable from the device.
Chamber/Oven: This is where you will lay your herb after it has been prepared. Stainless steel chambers were used in older vapes, but ceramic chambers are used in most current devices since they heat up quicker, maintain heat better, and do not impact the flavor of your marijuana.
Quartz chambers are also being used by a number of vape producers at the moment. Quartz chambers are the finest for keeping the natural flavor of your plant, despite the fact that they take a bit longer to heat up.
The mouthpiece is the part of the device that allows you to suck vapor from the chamber into your mouth. There are many different mouthpieces available for various vapes, and it’s vital to take the time to select one that works for you. Generally speaking, tapered or cylindrical mouthpieces are the most comfortable, although their length might make it a bit more difficult to inhale properly. This is not an issue with flat mouthpieces, although they are a bit less comfortable. To get the most flavor out of your vape, go for a glass mouthpiece rather than silicone or hard rubber component.
Dry herb vaporizers
How to use a dry herb vaporizer?
When it comes to utilizing a dry herb vaporizer, the process is fairly straightforward. Despite the fact that each vaporizer is different, the procedures mentioned here are applicable to the vast majority of vaporizers.
1. First and foremost, carefully read through the instruction manual: It is for this reason that your vaporizer is packed with an instruction manual. Before you begin using your vaporizer, perform a brief review of the specs of your exact make and model to ensure that you understand what you’re getting into.
2. Charge your vape: The vast majority of vapes now available on the market are equipped with USB charging connectors. In order to speed up the charging process and increase the life of your lithium battery, always charge your vape entirely by connecting it to a wall adapter rather than a computer to ensure that it is fully charged. As a bonus, allow your vape to completely deplete its battery the first 2–3 times you use it in order to help calibrate the battery and lengthen its life.
3. Even though it isn’t usually stated in the instruction manual for your vape, it is quite important since it helps to clear your vape of any residue that may have formed in its chamber during production or storage. Make sure the chamber is totally empty and clear of visible particles as soon as you’ve done charging your vape before turning it on and letting it heat up to its maximum temperature. Repeat this technique 2–3 more times to aid in the burning off of any residue that may have built-in the chamber during the previous session.
4. Prepare your herb: Because large bits of flower will not evaporate properly, you’ll want to grind your marijuana to a medium-fine consistency, which will provide it a larger, more uniform surface area to evaporate over. Therefore, your vaporizer will create better hits that include all of the cannabinoids and terpenes that you want.
5. Prepare your chamber: It is suggested that you follow the exact directions that came with your vaporizer for this stage. Always remember not to overfill your chamber, as this may cause your vaporizer’s ability to work properly to be impaired.
6. Pre-heating your gadget is the sixth stage in the process. Almost every vaporizer on the market today is capable of performing this function. Utilize it to bring your vape up to temperature more rapidly and to have a better vaping experience as a result of the procedure.
7. Having warmed your vaporizer to the proper temperature, it’s time to choose a setting for it. Some vapes have pre-programmed temperature settings, while others include a temperature dial that may be adjusted to suit the user’s preferences. It’s possible that you’ll have to try a few times before you discover the setting that works best for you. Cannabis is often vaped at temperatures ranging from 170°C to 220°C, according to the majority of vapers.
8. It’s time to take a deep breath when your vaporizer has reached the temperature you set, and keep in mind that you should draw gently and consistently for around 3–5 seconds at a time. Another thing to keep in mind while vaping marijuana is that you’ll be getting a lot more terpenes and cannabinoids out of it, so take one or two hits and wait a few minutes to avoid being very stoned too quickly.