CBD is helpful for
It has a plethora of uses and is used as an anti-psychotic. Moreover, it can help the person to quit smoking. CBD also supports the immune system .
- EPILEPSY – is a well-tolerated and promising therapeutic treatment that has demonstrated the ability to reduce or even eliminate seizures.
ANTI-INFLAMMATORY – Cannabidiol as an emergent therapeutic strategy for lessening the impact of inflammation on oxidative stress.
CHRONIC PAIN – CBD oil shows promise as a treatment for arthritis pain. The way researchers believe it affects receptors in the brain and immune system means it may reduce inflammation and pain.
ANXIETY – Anxiety is a cruel, unrelenting little bastard that takes great joy in imposing general misery on the lives of those affected by it.Thus, CBD helps in curing anxiety.
PSYCHOTIC DISORDERS – Psychiatric patients treated with a substance found in cannabis, cannabidiol, showed a significant reduction in psychotic symptoms and were also more likely to be rated as “improved” by their psychiatrist
- CANCER – There have been a number of reports which have shown that CBD can inhibit cancer cell invasion, adhesion and migration.
- DIABETES – CBD helps in the development of insulin resistance.
- ANTIDEPRESSANT – CBD acts as a best anti-depressant as Cannabidiol (CBD) is a constituent non-psychotomimetic of Cannabis sativa with great psychiatric potential,
- YOUR DOG – There are many benefits fro the oil for your dog.
CBD sales are increasing rapidly in the USA year on year and it is estimated that by 2020, the market will be worth 1.15 billion dollars.
- The biggest survey about CBD usage to date was carried out by HelloMD and Brightfield Group in 2017. 2400 participants took part out of HelloMD’s 150,000 strong community. The reasons given for using CBD during the survey were primarily depression, joint pain, anxiety and insomnia, and the results were impressive, with 42% of respondents saying that they no longer took their traditional prescription drugs or pain relievers and relied solely on CBD instead.
- There are now over 850 cannabis derived CBD products on the market and another 150 which have been derived from hemp.
- 90% of people responding to the survey said that they would only choose cannabis-derived CBD oil because they believed it was more effective than the hemp -derived version.
CBD In The Treatment Of Epilepsy
- One clear success story of the benefits of CBD is the story of Charlotte, a young girl with Dravet syndrome, a rare type of epilepsy. She was suffering from around 1,200 seizures each month, however, after being given Charlotte’s Web, a specially developed strain which is high in CBD and low in THC, her seizure count went own to around 3.
- Epidiolex is a CBD derived drug which is used in the treatment of Lennox Gastaut syndrome in both adults and children as well as Dravet Syndrome in children – two especially complex forms of epilepsy which are often resistant to conventional drugs. It is a 99% pure CBD oil-based extract from the marijuana plant. During a study of 214 people who took Epidiolex for at last 12 weeks, the number of seizures experienced decreased by around 54%.
- A Stanford University survey carried out in 2014 with 19 parents of epileptic children showed that 84%of the parents had seen a reduction in the number of seizures their child experienced when using CBD oil, and of this number 11% reported that their child had no seizures at all. There were also other beneficial effects noted too including better mood and sleep and increased alertness.
CBD And Its Use In Helping To Quit Smoking
- A study using 24 subjects was carried out to evaluate whether inhaled CBD, taken as and when required, could help people to stop smoking. The test was carried out over the course of a week, and the result was that the participants who had used the CBD inhaler had reduced the number of cigarettes that they had smoked in that period by around 40%.
CBD And Arthritis
- 53 million people in the USA alone suffer from arthritis (a term which encompasses 200 different forms of the condition). Legal medicinal cannabis has been linked to a 9.4% increase in workforce participation in people aged over 50, and this is thought to be partly due to its positive effects on arthritis.
- There is documentary evidence to show that hemp has been used to relieve arthritic pin since 2800 BC.
- A recent study carried out with 58 rheumatoid arthritis sufferers over 5 weeks showed that the patients had experienced significant improvements in their sleep quality as well as in their pain, both while at rest and while moving around.
CBD And Anxiety
- CBD has been shown to be effective in helping patients with a wide range of anxiety disorders including social anxiety, OCD, PTSD and panic disorder. A study carried out in 2011 on 24 patients who had never received any kind of pharmaceutical medication were treated with either a placebo or CBD 1 1⁄2 hours before a simulated public speaking test. The research showed that the CBD treated patients displayed significantly lower levels of anxiety, discomfort and cognitive impairments while speaking while the placebo group exhibited the exact opposite.
CBD And Cancer Treatments
- There have been a number of reports which have shown that CBD can inhibit cancer cell invasion, adhesion and migration. A study published in 2006 in the Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics found that CBD selectively and potently inhibited the growth of a
number of breast tumor cell lines, while further research in 2001 showed that CBD induced cell death in breast cancer cells. Doses of 700mg each day for 6 weeks showed no overt toxicity in the human subjects showing that it can be used in the long term as a form of treatment.
CBD And Diabetes
- A study carried out in 2006 showed that treatment with CBD reduced the incidence of diabetes in mice who were not obese from 86% of incidence in mice that had not been treated to just 30% in those that had received CBD.
- In 2013, a study was published in the American Journal of Medicine involving 4657 adult males and females of whom 1975 were past users of marijuana and 579 were current users. Those who currently used marijuana were shown to have a 16% lower fasting insulin level as well as smaller waist circumferences – a key factor in the development of type II diabetes.
CBD And Fibromyalgia
- In a study which was released by the National Pain Foundation, more than 1300 patients with fibromyalgia reported how effective they found a number of treatments for their condition. 62% of patients reported that medicinal marijuana was very effective whereas only 10% or less of patients found the three most popular pharmaceutical treatments equally effective.
CBD And Chronic Pain
- In a survey of 30 patients carried out at a tertiary care pain management center in Nova Scotia, 93% of respondents who were suffering from debilitating and grave illnesses reported that they experienced a moderate or greater amount of pain relief after using medicinal cannabis.